Happy Father’s Day Dad! You have always been a source of inspiration, humor, support, tough love, and guidance. Thanks for everything!
For those that don’t know my dad, Dr. E, I’ll give a glimpse into what I love about my dad and what lessons he passed on.
- When I was in fourth grade, my dad moved the family to Switzerland for 5 months, exposing my siblings and me to another culture and instilling us with a lifelong love of travel.
- My mom was the “team sports” parent, but my dad taught me how to rock climb, how to cross country ski, and how to enjoy the outdoors.
- He was also the man behind the booming voice making sure our soccer refs knew when they had made a bad call.
- Hands down, dad always knows where the best hikes are.
- Some of my favorite memories are backpacking in the Wallowa Mountains in Oregon with him and his buddies.
- Mom was the cook growing up, but Dr. E has taken command of the kitchen over the last decade.
- I always request his fish tacos and flank steak when I’m home.
- A day is never complete without a workout.
- His motto is “Stale body, stale mind.”
- He has had (and continues to have) remarkable success in his career.
- It’s a tall task following in his footsteps but he has been nothing but proud, supportive, and understanding.
- He wants nothing but the best for his children and his new son-in-laws.
- And his bulldog, Maggie.
Love you Pops!
One of the best parts of my wedding was waiting with my dad to walk down the aisle.
Evidence of those hikes I was talking about!
Dad and Maggie (bulldog) and Winston (cat).
The man and his whole crew.
Right about when he was starting to realize how much work 4 kids was/would be!
Finally, I would be remiss without mentioning the dad behind the dad, Grandpa Rick (a.k.a., Gramps).