**FULL DISCLOSURE! I wrote this in 2021 (maybe even the end of 2020) and NEVER posted it! It did guide my year though, so I’m going to post it now to have a digital record of my year.**
I’ve been meaning to post these goals for a while, but almost everything has been on hold thanks to goal #1! That’s right. For the third year in a row, “defend dissertation” is on the list, but now it’s also on the calendar.
21 for 2021 Goals
- Dissertation defense. This is on the calendar for the beginning of March.
- 2020 Photo book.
- Read 50 books. I also want to read MUCH better books than I read in 2020. Seven books in and I’m pretty happy with the choices so far.
Clean garage. We needed space for the kegerator we bought for PQ’s home brew. I cleared out an old work bench, tossed boxes, vacuumed thoroughly…it’s still a garage, but it’s usable now! Finish cabinet. Related to garage cleaning, I did this as a study break early in January.
- Plant garden tower. Spring goals.
- Plant raspberry pot. This might be a reach goal, we’ll see.
- Recipes to recipe cards. Some online recipes have become regulars, and it’s much easier to have a recipe card to pull out instead of trying to find the recipe on Pinterest for the 20th time.
- Put together a Sports Marketing class. If I don’t end up teaching this class in the summer, I may not prep the full class, but at least want to give it real thought.
- Make yo-yo Christmas tree. I have had a Christmas craft in mind for a few years, but every time December rolls around it feels too late! I want to work on this craft throughout the year instead.
- Potty train Kerri. Eventually…
- Average 70,000 steps per week. This started as 10,000 steps a day, but sometimes it’s okay to have a lazy day!
- Finish Schitt’s Creek. Everyone needs at least one goal like this. I’m on Season 5.
- Cook or Bake 10 new recipes. So far, the best new recipe is from a Zingerman’s Bake! class where I learned to make bagels.
- Row 555,555 meters. This is roughly ten minutes/one mile a day.
- Buy new bras. Time to get rid of the nursing bras.
- Get Kerri Passport. When we get the green light to travel, I can’t have my daughter holding me back! (ha)
- Write three blog posts a month. Giving myself grace here until my dissertation is done.
- Hang pictures in living room. Technically this goal is done, but I also want to get some small succulents for the living room shelves.
- Listen to the full Bible podcast. I start every morning by listening to an episode of “The Bible in a Year” podcast, where Father Mike Schmitz reads some of the bible. It’s lovely!
- Step outside every day. I made this goal on Jan. 2, after I didn’t even step outside on January 1 and it was a sad way to start the year. I usually go out for more than one minute, but that’s the bare minimum!